Selecting a national lighting, sign and electrical service provider can be a difficult task for a number of reasons. Finding an organization with the adequate: resources, manpower, equipment and service management software often takes time, effort and energy. In today’s post we are going to look at the items you should be evaluating when vetting a national lighting, sign and electrical service provider.
- Available Resources - The first criterion on which a potential company should be evaluated is, do they have the equipment to service the lighting and signage at your facility? You need to understand if the company has the necessary resources to manage the workload, trucks for different height service requirements etc.….
- Available Personnel - The second item on which you should evaluate a potential lighting partner is do they have the personnel needed to service all of your facilities around the country? For many large organizations that have facilities dispersed around the country it’s important to make sure the potential lighting partner has the staff to manage all these facilities simultaneously. Do they have the capability to not only mange the workload, but can they also manage a roll-out project simultaneously?
- Reporting Capabilities - Potential lighting partners need to have the ability to both collect lighting data and then present that information back to you in a way that helps you make actionable business decisions. Having the ability to put together data-driven reports is a necessary skill set for any potential lighting partner.
- Capturing Lighting & Sign Component Data - Does the company capture lighting sign and component data for each of your facilities. By collecting this information, you ensure that the correct lighting will always be installed at your facility on the first trip ensuring faster service completion, minimize return trip charges and the ability of offer energy efficient recommendations.
- Lighting Recommendations – The right national lighting service provider will always be prompting their clients to look at different LED products that could help their business save money. Generally speaking LED’s help businesses in three ways, they increase the lighting performance of the light, they reduce the maintenance expense of the lights by extending the lifespan, and reduce the energy expense by using a lower wattage. A good partner will always be making recommendations to their client based on the best lighting product solution.
- Is the Company “Product Neutral” - Is the potential national lighting service provider a “product neutral” provider? This is a very important consideration because if the company is tied to only one or two suppliers it’s likely that you aren’t getting the best product recommendation for your facility because they would have fewer choices. By ensuring that the national lighting service provider is product neutral you ensure that regardless of manufacturer or supplier you are going to get the best product for your particular application.
In conclusion you are looking for a lighting partner not a provider, and in doing so you need to make sure that the partner has both the capabilities, manpower, and business model to help your organization succeed. Use the questions above to guide you as you vet a solution provider. If you haven’t yet selected a national lighting, sign and electrical provider reach out to us here at Action Services Group, we would be happy to speak with you about your needs. Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.